Many people are under the assumption that selling your car privately is sometimes more financially rewarding than trading it through a dealer or broker. There are, however, some significant drawbacks to selling your car privately.
Here are a few of them:
- You waste a great deal of time taking calls, often for silly offers at all hours.
- The frustration of organising test drives and inspections only for no shows, resulting in you wasting away your weekend.
- Financial exposure through the risk of fraud. For example, do you know how to recognise a fraudulent bank cheque?
- Getting your car prepared for sale fixing marks, dents, scrapes, alloys, paint work, servicing, registration etc can be very time consuming.
- Advertising your vehicle. Knowing where and how. Sure it might be a good car but what do people really want to know. Have you checked the compliance plate for the correct build date for example?
- Pricing your car to sell it. Are you going to be one of the thousands of cars owners that sit with a price on it or do you want to move it?
- You are competing with brokers and dealers who offer security to purchasers through vehicle warranties
These are just a few of the problems associated with selling your vehicle privately. If you have a vehicle to trade, let us help and work with you on the best tree in solution for your needs.